SOME SIMPLE EASY CHANGES YOU CAN MAKE.
- Eat every 2 – 4 hours. Keep your metabolism burning…. remember thermogenesis.
- Eat protein every meal – lean complete proteins. Lean meats, fish, eggs, low fat dairy, tofu, tempeh, whey protein.
- Eat nuts and seeds as a snack – just a handful. They are packed full of vitamins, minerals can help prevent cancer. They are high in fats (the good kind) but still eat in moderation.
- Eat fruit and vegetables – Fruits and Vegetables do have a carbohydrate content – some more than others. For veggies – the green leafy ones are the best. Fruit, stoned fruit. Watch your quantities with fruit they do have natural sugars….. higher carb content.
- You do need fats in your diet. You have saturated fats – eggs, milk etc. Monounsaturated fats – olive oil, nuts and avocados, polyunsaturated fats – flax seed oil, fish oil, nuts, vegetable oils.
- Eat whole unprocessed food where you can. As nature intended.
- Plan ahead – take your lunch to work – will help stop bad food choices and temptation!
- Drink plenty of water – stay away from sugary energy drinks.
- Have variety – otherwise you will get bored…. you get bored you’ll end up being tempted with a bad food choice.
- Be prepared that you’ll “stray” from the right choices maybe 3-4x per week. DON’T stress. Get back on track and stay positive.